Mary's passion for music and singing started at an early age of 4 years old, growing up in a musical family.
Ever since Mary can remember there were instruments in her household along with singing and dancing, in what formed the initial roots of her musical upbringing.
Marys love and natural ability to sing, particularly the Country music, stemmed mostly from her Dad, who yodeled ,played guitar and accordion. Her mother also played the accordion, violin and organ .
Being brought up with a European culture from Slovenian descent, instilled even deeper the bond that music could bring to people around her, and what Mary would learn to recognize and share in her own later performances.
There was always music in the household in one form or another and she learnt early on how important this was in fuelling her creative side.
Mary has recorded two albums to date.
Her debut album “Two In The Saddle”, released in 2008, had single releases to both Canadian and European radio, along with placing in the top 10 on the ECMA (European Country Music)charts.
Her Second Album “Count Me In” released in 2015, contains several original songs from Canadian, American and Irish song writers alike. Her recent single release from that Album to overseas radio of “Walkin’ The Floor Over You”, a Classic Ernest Tubb cover , has received placement on the Netherlands International Country Music Charts top 40. She has also placed in the top 200 International Country music Charts, overseas in 2017.
She has shared her musical talents throughout Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan and cross border to Montana US.
Plans are currently underway to continue to take her music to the next level with subsequent single releases to radio, a continuing cross Canada tour promoting Alzheimer awareness, as well as planning a third album .
Mary is a full time entertainer, yodeler and performs regularly at Legions, seniors lodges, clubs , private functions, festivals, churches, and Stampede events.
recently added a separate Country Gospel segment to her act.
Some highlights of her career include:
- Recipient of the Alberta’s Men and Women of Country Music Lifetime Achievement Award , Hoadley Alberta May 2014
- Calgary Stampede Window on the West Performer 10yrs running.
- ACMA nominee for female artist and fan's choice awards 2012,2013,2014 2015, and 2016.
- Showcases with the ACMA during CCMA week in Edmonton,Alberta 2010
- Showcases at the Kamloops Cowboy Festival and CCMA’s 2009-2012
- Performer at the Maple Creek Saskatchean Cowboy Festival 2012,2013,2014, 2015,2016,2018,2019
- Performer at the Chinook Montana USA Cowboy Festival 2015,2016,2018
- Performer at the Lewistown, MT, USA Cowboy Gathering 2019
- Showcases at the CCMA’s 2012,2013